General dentists often refer patients with periodontitis in Beverly Hills to Dr. David Anson. As a Periodontist, he specializes in evaluating and treating gum disease, and he has developed a reputation for excellence based on his years of experience, contributions to the field, and personable and supportive manner. While gingivitis typically doesn’t result in long-term damage, each stage of periodontitis represents increasing bone and tooth loss as well as other health concerns.
Gum Disease Has Four Stages
- Early Periodontitis
- Moderate Periodontitis
- Advanced Periodontitis
If your general dentist has diagnosed you with any stage of periodontitis or if you have symptoms similar to the ones described below, we invite you to contact our office to schedule an initial consultation.
At the gingivitis stage of gum disease, bacteria in the plaque that forms along your teeth may irritate your gums. In the stages that follow, however, your body’s inflammatory response attacks the bacteria as well as the connections between teeth, tissues, and bone. This weakens the foundation of your smile.
Some common symptoms of periodontitis that patients in Beverly Hills should know include:
- Visible irritation of the gums, such as redness, bleeding, and sensitivity.
- Recession of the gums from the teeth. This forms pockets that can collect even more bacteria.
- Loose or missing teeth.
The lead-up to these symptoms can be very subtle, and it’s possible to develop periodontitis without recognizing early signs. Dr. Anson advises patients to see their general dentist regularly and, if they are susceptible to oral health problems, consider visiting their practitioner more than twice a year.
Options for Treating Periodontitis
During your initial consultation at our Beverly Hills practice, Dr. Anson will talk with you about the symptoms you have been experiencing, review recommendations from your general dentist (if you’ve come to us based on a referral), and conduct a thorough examination of your teeth and gums. This helps him identify other concerns you may not have noticed and offer a more complete periodontal treatment plan.
Different Patients Require Different Approaches
- If your mouth is still in relatively good health, you may benefit from non-surgical gum treatment. Deep scaling and root planning can remove tartar and smooth away areas that might otherwise collect bacteria.
- In more severe cases of periodontitis, you may have already lost a significant amount of bone and tissue. Dr. Anson can conduct guided tissue regeneration and bone grafts to regrow ligaments and regenerate bone.
- Need to add periodontal surgery here since that is the treatment recommended for advanced periodontitis
- If you have already lost teeth to periodontitis, Dr. Anson may recommend dental implants. This is the preferred method of tooth replacement, providing a new tooth root and crown with a more aesthetic appearance and the full function of natural teeth.
What You Can Expect in Our Care
Dr. Anson and our entire team take extraordinary measures to make patients feel as comfortable as possible. We believe in providing complete transparency and never pressure patients into decisions.
Should you choose to have a procedure for periodontitis, we will provide you with a variety of resources during and after your treatment.
- Advanced technology that gently delivers local anesthetic.
- Wrap-around headsets with a full library of movies and music.
- The medication and information you need for proper aftercare.
You will have follow-up visits to track your progress post-treatment, and Dr. Anson and our entire staff will make themselves available for questions so that you always have a partner in the process.
Dr. Anson Is the Ideal Choice For Addressing Periodontitis In Beverly Hills
Whether you have been referred by your general dentist or are experiencing the symptoms of periodontitis, schedule an appointment with Dr. Anson in Beverly Hills by calling (310) 657-0999.